katealice cookbook: Lemon curd cake
August 30, 2012 § 2 Comments
I made this cake for Mum’s birthday a couple of weeks ago and it’s now what I’d call a two-day cake. Meaning that in two days, it’s gone. We really love it. It’s light and lemony, got a touch of coconut from the oil, and a creamy layer of lemon curd icing. I’m a little proud of this one :)
*a little note: katealicecookbook will now be in the heading for all recipe posts, for those of you who prefer to come here just for the recipes!
Recipe – Lemon curd cake (gluten and dairy free)
2 cups lemon curd (I use this dairy free recipe from the Nourishing Gourmet)
2 cups almond flour
½ teaspoon bicarb/baking soda
1 T grapeseed oil
1 T honey
1. Prepare the lemon curd according to your favourite recipe.
2. Preheat oven to 180C/350F and line a 9-inch cake pan with baking paper.
3. In a large bowl, combine the almond flour, bicarb/baking soda, grapeseed oil, honey and eggs. Stir in one cup of the lemon curd and stir well to combine.
4. Pour the mixture into your loaf pan and bake for 30 minutes.
5. When the cake has cooled, spread the remaining one cup of lemon curd over the top of the cake. The lemon curd icing will harden over a few hours.